Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back Home, looking forward to the Road

It's been pretty mellow over here in Southern California lately. I have still been enjoying my down time - catching up on some rest, still doing a good amount of cooking, and getting things together for the next road trip. The tour schedule has been coming together nicely and I'm hoping to get a few more on the calendar. This time I'll be out on the road for about a month and a half - home just in time for summer.
My Kickstarter fundraiser has been doing well. I'm over 50% now and have 11 days to go - so I'm still hopeful. As I mentioned before, it's an all nothing situation - so I need to reach my goal of $1500 or I don't receive any funding. I changed some of the rewards from my last Kickstarter attempt - which didn't reach its goal, and I've lowered the amount.
Here's the link:kck.st/mOzXI3
So far on the tour schedule is LA, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson, Tempe, Austin, El Paso, Nashville, Chicago, Cincinnati/Newport, St. Louis. Denver, Las Vegas and possibly another show in Phoenix should be announced soon. The first show is on June 1st at Taix in Los Angeles.
The March/April tour was fun - a little exhausting at times due to late nights, early mornings, and long drives. I met a lot of good people, good artists out on the road. I did several CD swaps and was happy with what I heard - one of the standouts were JP and the Gilberts from Brooklyn who we shared a bill with on a snowy night in St. Louis. They had a country/bluegrass/cajun sort of sound. The lineup was singer/acoustic guitar, bass, drums, accordion, electric guitar and they rocked. They had been on tour also and they were tight. I would like to see them again - maybe when I eventually make my back to New York. So I'm looking forward to see who else I run into this trip coming up.
I'll post tour dates up soon - but if you can support the tour, please do.
thanks,
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: