Monday, June 4, 2012

Home in May and Going Forward in June

June is here again - finally. Last year at this time I was traveling east to Texas - doing that long, long drive to Austin. What's been really strange is that for the month of May I did no traveling - no Arizona, which was a first for this year. It's mostly due to having to save money for my trip in just two weeks - a trip like I have never done before - yes, I am heading to the UK - and maybe a little more. So for May I stayed put in my West Coast home - simply went back and forth to work - enjoyed some good food and some great local brews - which I took some photos of during that time.
On Friday I did a quick trip up the coast to Paso Robles to play at the Pour House which is a favorite spot of mine that is unfortunately closing down - since the Firestone Walker Brewery is taking over that whole area. Lance Canales and the Flood were having a CD release party that night - and Lance and I have been trying to meet up for a couple years now - and finally this night worked for the both of us. It was fun - they were good and I had some good brews.
So after the UK trip I'll probably be heading back to Arizona in August - I'm working on getting some stuff lined up around my birthday (the 20th). I'm hoping my cousin Chris will make it out and play bass during that string of shows. But as always, I keep you posted - and I'll be writing from England during my trip - and posting photos.
yours truly,
Jeremiah
and I can be followed here on Twitter at: @jeandtheredeyes Photobucket
Bridge above the Santa Ana Riverbed
Photobucket
The group, Loves It!, from Austin who are touring around the country as we speak - see them if you can
Photobucket
My hometown, Huntington Beach, CA.
Photobucket
My favorite taco truck in Echo Park, CA.
Photobucket
at 1642 - a Great Divide Colette Saison - really good stuff
Photobucket
Bob Woodruff and his Royal Giants - at the Grand Ol' Echo
Photobucket
at LAX where I met up with my friend Mikaela during her layover on her way to New Zealand
Photobucket
Alesmith IPA at Mohawk Bend in Silverlake - great beer, cool place
Photobucket
A good taco truck on the corner of Sunset and Alvarado
Photobucket
Mmmmmmm... tacos....
Photobucket Driving up to Paso Robles - close to Santa Maria
Photobucket Central Coast Brewing in San Luis Obispo
Photobucket
A 4oz. taster of the 14th Anniversary Ale - dark and rich with a bit of sweetness and a taste of bourbon - since it was aged in bourbon barrels
Photobucket
At the Firestone Brewery in Paso Robles - Fish and Chips and a Walkers Reserve - both very good
Photobucket
The stage at The Pour House
Photobucket
An early Saturday morning view of the Central Coast Photobucket
Early morning surfers at Pismo Beach
Photobucket
More sufers
Photobucket
Pismo Beach

No comments: