Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Today in Dublin

It's been a fairly warm day here in Dublin City. I was expecting it to be a bit cooler - but there's a bit of humidity too. It rained this morning - I could hear it as I was waking up. I looked out the window and saw green fields and hills in the distance. I could see that I was out in the country - nothing much around at all.
After a full Irish breakfast that was really good - a lot of food - eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, potatoes, toast, coffee - I caught a ride into the nearest town to catch the bus that would take me into the heart of Dublin - where I was to be staying for the next couple nights. Swords was the name of the town and I walked around for a bit, got a cup of coffee, and enjoyed being outside in this small town.
The bus ride was smooth and it wound through several towns before fully making into the City Centre. I found my hotel and thankfully dropped my things off - it's been tough at times walking around with all this stuff on my back - and my guitar. It's been getting me in better shape - all this walking around. It's going to be weird driving a car once I get back home.
I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing this evening - I think drift around looking for some good music and a few pints of Guinness. Tomorrow evening I'm heading up north to Skerries to see the LA band I See Hawks In LA who are doing a few shows here in Ireland and then a few over in England. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
Leicester Square
Photobucket
Busy London streets
Photobucket
Picadilly Circus
Photobucket
Portobello Road
Photobucket
My friend Michelle - busking on a busy Saturday afternoon
Photobucket
Later that evening in Notting Hill - Michelle and me
Photobucket
The Apple Tree bar where the Come On Down And Meet The Folks show takes place - and before England was to play Italy that night
Photobucket
Trafalgar Square
Photobucket
The Houses Of Parliament
Photobucket
A side of Westminster Abbey
Photobucket
From the front - Westminster Abbey
Photobucket
A band called The Snakes - playing in North London at Zambucca
Photobucket
A Guinness in Ireland - it does taste better
Photobucket
The view this morning from where I stayed last night
Photobucket
Swords Castle
Photobucket
Swords Castle - from the back
Photobucket
The Dublin Post Office
Photobucket
Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy - right off of Grafton Street
Photobucket
Grafton Street
Photobucket
James Joyce in St Stephan's Green Park

No comments: