Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Heading back to Arizona

Tomorrow morning I get to head back to Arizona. I was just there in Cave Creek which is outside of Phoenix to the north to play out at Janey's Coffeehouse and Bodega on Friday night. But I had to come back and work over the weekend - so early Saturday morning I got in the car after a shower and headed back to LA from the Phoenix area to make it in time for my afternoon shift.
My original plan was to take a week off and hang out in Arizona - do some song writing, relaxing, and some playing. But after the trip to Austin I realized I needed to work instead. So I didn't really mind the coming back - since I knew it was what had to be done - and tomorrow I head back to play in the interesting town of Jerome and on Thursday up in Flagstaff.
Jerome is a town in the Sedona Valley area - an old mining town that sits on the side of the mountain. It has a unique feel to it and I've always enjoyed passing through. Tomorrow will be the first time that I actually will be staying in Jerome - I get to stay at the hotel above the Spirit Room where I'll be playing. It's reportedly haunted too - so it could be an interesting stay.
Then on Thursday I'll be back up in Flagstaff at the Flagstaff Brewing Company - which is one of my favorite spots. I really love it up there - and glad that it has become a regular spot for me to play. They also have good beers - which I've been meaning to write about my other travels and food and beer adventures lately - and there has been some great stuff that I've come across - hopefully on my next day off when I have some real time.
But now I have to get to bed - get my rest for the drive tomorrow.
yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
On the road to Arizona along I-8 Photobucket
Black Mountain in Cave Creek, AZ.

No comments: