Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Part 3 - and back home

It's been a couple weeks since I made it back home to California and some more thoughts I wanted to add. It feels to good to be home and to have caught up on my rest. About a week after I was back on my first real day off - I crashed and slept the day away - I had nothing I really had to do and I just enjoyed laying around like I hadn't been able to for a while - it was nice.
In the craziness of running around town doing this and that, I missed seeing quite a few people that I had wanted to see. I had really wanted to see my friend Izzy Cox, who used to live here in LA but now calls Austin her home. She had a few shows around town but never at times that I could make it over to see her. Then The Hems who I had met in Memphis at the Folk Alliance conference. I've listened to their e.p CD that they gave over and over while driving around town. They are really great. JP and the Gilberts were another band I missed seeing. They're from NYC and I met them last year when we played a show together in St. Louis on a snowy night. They were awesome and I'm glad I got a CD from them - which I also listen to a lot cruising around town.
There is just so much happening during that time in Austin and it's hard to get around from point to point quickly - and cheaply. I look forward to when I return to Austin - it is such a cool town - and I like the feel of things there. It's a pretty big drive from here to there though. I wish it was closer - but I know at some point this year I'll make that drive again.
In a couple weeks I'll be heading back to Arizona for a few shows - Cave Creek on the 20th, The Spirit Room in Jerome on the 24th, and Flagstaff at the Flagstaff Brewing Company on the 26th. I'm looking forward to being out there again - it should be the perfect time of year out there too.
In June I'm planning on going to England - my first trip overseas - and I'm really looking forward to it. I need to get some things together before then but I should be ready by the middle of June. I'm ready for a new adventure

Yours truly,
Jeremiah

Izzy Cox

The Hems

JP & the Gilberts

No comments: