Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Homesick Blues Tour - day 2

So it has begun
- we played last night at 4th Street Vine in Long Beach which was the official start of the tour that my friend and singer/songwriter Mikaela Dewar are doing together. I felt that it was a good night - even though we're still getting things worked out and I know things will be getting better with each show - it feels good overall and I'm looking forward to playing tonight up in Jerome, Arizona at The Spirit Room.
Yesterday morning I was up early and started getting my things ready - knowing that I had to pack the car. I had my check list of things since in previous trips I always seem to leave something important behind - I have yet to realize what I've left behind so far. Midday I made it to LAX to pick up Mikaela who was flying in from Nashville where she recently relocated back to after two years in Austin (she's originally from Christchurch, New Zealand). I met her just about 4 years ago when I was living in Nashville and have been good friends since.
After some food in Echo Park we got down to some rehearsing - looking through lyric sheets and and chord charts and felt we were ready for the gig. We packed up the car, managing to get everything inside - a lot of stuff for this 9 day tour and I had to leave some stuff home - but we're ready.
I'm looking forward to the drive up through the middle of Arizona and over the mountains to get us to that crazy old hillside mining town of Jerome - more later...
yours truly,
Jeremiah

www.jeremiahandtheredeyes.com
www.mikaeladewar.com
 photo 480754_10151502022151273_822565827_n.jpg
yours truly and Mikaela Dewar at 4th Street Vine in Long Beach

No comments: