Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday - Austin SXSW

Yesterday was a rough day - after a late night on Wednesday - it was hard getting up - I had plans to meet up with my friend Mikaela downtown so I had work through the hangover and make my way out the door.
So far it's been fun overall - but I was definitely dragging for most of the day yesterday. We played our second show - the 17th Street Party at the Rail which was a good gathering of people and bands. We had two local Austin guys join us on bass and drums and rocked it out - just some minor turbulence - but we recovered quickly.
After that I went downtown to try to meet up with my friend Jackie to see the Low Anthem - but they weren't selling tickets and it was mostly a closed show. I found out why: Bruce Springsteen who was the keynote speaker for the SXSW festival was headlining the night. So instead I wondered around the downtown streets that were crowded with people going here and there and made my way to the Iron Works BBQ - which was so good.
Later on I made it over to the Continental Club to see John Doe - who is one of my favorites. He played well but by the end of his set, I was ready for bed. We did make a stop on the way back for tacos and after a good shower I laid down and was out - it was nice.
This morning I found out that we will be playing again - last minute addition to a good bill at Opal's Penn Field with our friends Penny Jo Pullus and Jason Swedberg. I'm glad because after we played yesterday I was wishing we had some more shows.
So it's probably time to get moving and out of the house.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: