Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In Between Days...

It's always a little weird coming home after a big road trip - of course it's nice to get back to your own bed and the things back at home - but I do miss the traveling - looking out the front window and seeing the long road stretched out before me. There's an excitement and a mystery in the moving along. But I also need the money to get me out on the roads so I have to come back and work the day job to fund the next trip.
Luckily for me the next trip is next week - and I can't wait. I'm heading back to the great city of Austin, Texas to take part in SXSW festivities around town. I've been going there for 4 years now - and each time has gotten a little better. We always meet new people, hear new music, and generally, for me, get inspired. I'm hoping that this year we continue down that same road.
So far we have three shows: Wednesday at the Mouth By Mouthwest shows at Authentic Smiles Dentistry, Thursday at the 17th Party at the Rail show - which you have to RSVP to, and then at Uncorked on Saturday. We're happy to be included on some great bills and I'm looking forward to the fun and the madness that is Austin during SXSW.
And then I make the drive back to LA on Sunday - with a stop somewhere along I-10. Again, I'll be writing as much as possible and taking as many photos as I can.
So that's all for now
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: