Monday, March 19, 2012

Stormy road home

Just 8 hours to go till I'm back in Southern California and my own bed. I'm looking forward to some real sleep since it doesn't seem like I've had any "real" sleep in the past week. I did have a lot of fun and saw many great people and heard a lot of awesome music - and have spent many hours in the car traveling lots of miles - and I'm a little sad that the trip will be done when I get back later this evening.
Right now I'm in Tucson resting - taking a much needed break after passing through a good storm along the I-10 through Southern New Mexico and Arizona. Lots of wind, rain, snow, sleet - a little bit of everything. Thankfully it never got too bad - but I can imagine that the northern road - the I-40 that goes through the mountains at 7,000ft. was pretty bad - I mean I was hitting a good snow fall at 4,500ft.
Last night I was watching the local news and saw that in Western Texas - where I was driving through yesterday - the wind had some pretty impressive gust - in the El Paso area up to 66 mph. It was pretty intense to drive through - but thankfully I kept it steady and on track and landed in Las Cruces safely.
So - 8 hours left of driving to go. I'm going to get some food and keep moving down the road.
yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
Just into Arizona - right before I drove on into the storm
Photobucket
Austin on a cloudy Wednesday afternoon - the whole time it seemed like the rain was going to pour down - but it never really did - a few drops here and there - and we were all thankful for that
Photobucket
A shot of us playing at the 17th St. Party at the Rain on Thursday afternoon

more will follow...

No comments: