Thursday, March 1, 2012

Home - after 14 days

Earlier this afternoon I made it home to Southern California - after 14 days on the road and covering 4518 miles. I started here from the west coast and went east to St. Louis, then Nashville, and Memphis - then headed back through Dallas and Tucson - and I was very happy to make it home and take a nap in my bed.
Overall it was a good trip - I saw lots of friends along the way - met plenty of new people - especially at the Folk Alliance conference. This trip I didn't really focus on food like some of my previous trips - of course there were exceptions like those ribs in Memphis at interstate BBQ, a good tri-tip sandwich in Flagstaff at the Lumberyard, and also catfish in Memphis on Beale Street. I think for my next trip to Austin in a week and a half I'll search for good food along the way.
On March 12 I head back to Texas for South By Southwest - the huge music festival that takes over Austin. We have two shows right now and waiting for confirmation of a third. I can't wait to get back to that town. I'm not crazy about the drive from El Paso to Austin - but the drive from Dallas to El Paso yesterday went well - so maybe it won't be so bad.
Yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
from the City Tavern in downtown Dallas - enjoying a Breckenridge IPA
Photobucket
Pecos, Texas
Photobucket
The dusty road through Texas
Photobucket
New Mexico at Sunset

No comments: