Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 13 - October Tour - heading west

Hello - So it's been a very busy week - running around Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri. We had a 22 hour day on Thursday which we barely made it through - thank god for the coffee. But today I start part 2 of the tour - I head back to the west, leaving Nashville which has been the home base for part 1. The weather at first was warm and humid, but the other night fall finally showed up and cooled everything off - and it was great. I'm a little sad to be leaving
Next up are shows in the Southwest - New Mexico for 4 nights and Flagstaff, AZ for 1. I'm looking forward to playing back over there and hoping the driving goes smoothly. It's just under 20 hours to go from Nashville to Albuquerque - where the first show is on Tuesday night at the Zinc Wine bar.
I'm already looking forward to coming back - I have to start booking things soon to get a good schedule and into some venues I wasn't able too this time due to the place already being booked. I'm hoping Mikaela can join me again - we had a good time and just like before complemented each other well - I thought.
I have quite a few pictures saved up over the past week - so I'll post them -

 photo IMG_3828.jpg
Saturday morning in Nashville at the Southern Festival of Books - I had a 9:30am slot - which was all right
 photo IMG_3836.jpg
Here's my friend from LA, Rich McCulley - playing the stage I played hours earlier. He was in town to do shows and get some songwriting done
 photo IMG_3840.png
Heath Forbes and his band playing Oktoberfest in Germantown in Nashville
 photo IMG_3850.jpg
Oktoberfest
 photo IMG_3858.jpg
I bought a vintage 3 piece suit in East Nashville that afternoon and when I got home checked inside the pockets and found the original receipt
 photo IMG_3944.jpg
Me posing in that 3 piece suit
 photo IMG_3932.jpg
One morning I took a walk downtown and took this shot from the pedestrian bridge that crosses over the Cumberland River
 photo IMG_3921.jpg
The famous Ryman Auditorium - the Birth of Bluegrass - is what the sign on the left says
 photo IMG_3972.jpg
A photo from our set at The Basement in Nashville - this was the only photo that my friend took that was in focus - I think there might be a couple out there on another friend's phone but we'll see
 photo IMG_3984.jpg
Our stage in Louisville, KY at Manny & Merle's downtown
 photo IMG_3990.jpg
Downtown Knoxville at the visitor's center where they broadcast the Blue Plate Special on WDVX - Monday through Saturday at 12 noon EST
 photo IMG_4005.jpg
That night we played in Johnson City, TN at the Acoustic Coffeehouse and was happy to see us in the local weekly paper
 photo IMG_4012.jpg
Driving up to St. Louis we got stuck in some terrible traffic - road work - 1 hour to go 5 miles
 photo IMG_4041.jpg
My cousin Mike Evans band The Homewreckers - he's on the left playing bass - at FUBAR in St. Louis - the Cardinals won that night just down the street at Busch Stadium - you could feel the excitement in the air
 photo IMG_4059.jpg
The Arch in downtown St. Louis - right on the banks of the Mississippi River - pretty impressive to see up close
 photo IMG_4069.jpg
This is the old hamburger stand right around the corner from my Granny and Grandad's old house in Wood River, IL - which is about 30 minutes outside of St. Louis just up the river

All right time to get moving west
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: