Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 14 - October Tour - Texas morning

Good morning -
Writing today from a usual road stop in Amarillo - the Starbucks on I-40 on the east side of town. The people are nice here and I almost always stop in when I'm passing through this way.
The drive out of Nashville was all right - as I continued west I saw a bald eagle flying across the road. I'm taking that as a good sign. When I got to Arkansas it started raining and carried on like that for a while.
I stopped to eat just east of Oklahoma City - and wish I hadn't have stopped - it wasn't good - and i was really looking forward to catfish - oh well. I continued until a rest stop right before the Texas border at about 2am. I put the seat back, pulled a blanket over me and crashed out for a few hours.
After a bit of a delay I kept on moving westward and now, after a few more moments, I'm going to keep moving.
Tonight I'll be playing in Albuquerque at the Zinc Wine Bar/Cellar from 8 to 11pm. Looking forward to being in the Southwest again.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: