Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 6 - October Tour - (Outside Chicago)

Yesterday I made the drive from Nashville up to Chicago. The road goes from Tennessee to Kentucky through Indiana and on into Illinois and the big city of Chicago. It was an easy drive and the road was surrounded by fall colors.
The gig lat night was in Wrigleyville - right down the street from Wrigley Field - and due to it being a holiday today, a lot of people were out and about. Unfortunately, we didn't have a big crowd at the show - 3 out of towners - one from New York, one from Seattle, and me from Los Angeles but it was a good night of music and it was cool to make some new connections and it would be nice to meet up again somewhere out on the roads.
I stayed with my cousin who lives out in the west suburbs - right between Aurora and Naperville - I got a little turned around on my way over there - I was relying too much on my phone map and I think if I would have just driven in I would have found it easily - but I had to call and ask for directions. I did all right for not being here in over 2 years.
In a few minutes I head back to Nashville where Mikaela and I will be playing tomorrow night at The Basement for New Faces Night. It's a great venue and I'm looking forward to it. We did some rehearsing yesterday and thought it sounded good - so maybe with one more run through we'll be good to go.
all right, time to wrap things up and head south -
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: