Sunday, July 10, 2011

Heading West Tomorrow - Southwest in fact - Day 39

It's the last few days out here on the road - and I'm happy about that. It will be good to get back to California, stop moving for a while, relax, catch up on sleep, exercise - you know, normal things - things that I haven't really been doing over the past 39 days. Well I did exercise at the beginning, but I don't know where and when I stopped - maybe Albuquerque.
Denver has been a good place to be for these past few days. Although there have been storms everyday since I've made it to town - luckily no tornadoes or anything like that - but big, dark clouds that roll in, thunder and lightning and rain - usually it comes down hard at first - but then the storm clouds quickly move on - and then sometimes another storm will roll through.
Today I went out walking to a coffeehouse called St. Mark's which isn't too far my the house - a few blocks - and as I was leaving I could hear the thunder start rumbling and across the sky were clouds - but it didn't look like it was going to do much so I just continued on. As I made it there, a few drops did fall, but nothing major, and then it was gone and the sun came out. I sat and wrote, trying to get some lyrics of some sort down.
Tomorrow I'm heading out - going south through New Mexico and then to Tucson for a couple days to rest again, and then I might just head back to California and pass on Las Vegas because my funds are low and gas is still taking most of my money. Yes - it'll be good to get back home. But we'll see what happens over the next few days and how I feel. The last time in Vegas I made money gambling after my gig - but I know that the odds of that happening again are very, very slim. Anyway... that's all for now.
yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
This is the front of KJ's where we played on Friday night - and on the left is Adah, Chris' daughter
Photobucket
KJ's on the inside
Photobucket
Another storm coming in - from the backyard
Photobucket
In the music room playing Chris' baby Rickenbacker

No comments: