Wednesday, July 6, 2011

On The Road Again - Day 35

This morning I was up fairly early, so I could get all my things together and get headed down the road. I had been in St. Louis almost a full week - and it was fun, but it was time to start the move back to the west. I had a good time hanging out with my cousin Mike at his new place, playing music, and breaking in the grill out back - plus the Fourth of July.
I checked all around to make sure I didn't forget anything, all my chargers and bathroom stuff, DVD's, and my bag of mesquite wood that I bought in Texas and that I used some for smoking the pork on the 4th. But before leaving town I headed over to my aunt and uncle's place to get some laundry done and take a shower - since I was desperately in need of both.
Right now I'm about 20 miles outside of Kansas City - it's a very easy drive to get here from St. Louis - only about 4 hours across Interstate 70. This evening I'm going to be heading up to see my friend Tracy Huffman who lives just outside of St. Joseph - which is about 45 minutes north of here. Tracy is an awesome singer/songwriter who used to live in LA and I used to go see him play shows around town. He's from this area and a few years ago he and his family moved back to the midwest - and he hasn't really been back to the West Coast to the dismay of his friends.
I came out here to see him about 3 years ago - he has a regular Wednesday night gig at a place called Magoons. Then, I had planned a small tour across Iowa and Lauren was set to meet me in the morning - and I stayed with Tracy out at his place in the country which was nice. That night a big storm came in and the thunder shook the whole house and it was pretty spectacular.
I've been trying to see him out here for the past year or so. Every time I it set up, something in my plans would change, and so I would have to send him a note saying next time. So, I'm pretty happy right now that I'm only bout 45 minutes away, and it's a Wednesday night - so it looks like it's finally going to happen.
Tomorrow I continue the drive west - heading to Denver. I was thinking going up to see Eddie in the Omaha area, but I think that it's too far out of my way, and I do want to get to Denver - also so I don't have to do all that driving on Friday - and have time to relax before playing that night - but of course - it could change.
It's still hot and humid out here and today it felt good getting clean.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: