Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer time - Day 30

Another St. Louis morning - out in a neighborhood coffeehouse - close to where Mike used to live. Lauren, Mike, and I came here after a night out - it has a good feel to it. Lots of locals, I presume. I remember the food being pretty good to. It's warm and humid out still and I had to get out of the apartment - also Mike left very early for work and I really didn't get back to sleep after that.
Last night after I made dinner - chicken, red potatoes, broccoli - we went out to an open mic that we went to a few months ago. I don't do many open mics these days - mostly because I have my own gigs now - but every now and then if I had nothing else to do and I know of a good one in a cool spot I'll go. Last night was one of those cool ones - at a place called the Iron Barely/Fred's Six Feet Under. The Iron Barely has BBQ and last night they were out back with their trailer/smoker cooking ribs - which smelled amazing. If I hadn't just eaten I would have gotten some - but I can wait.
Last night we all were out on the back patio - all the tables were almost full and we had to wait for a few minutes to find an open one. I signed up and waited. It was a good evening - still a little warm - but being outside felt good. The people that were there were enjoying themselves - eating and drinking - and the musicians and singers came and went to the stage - myself included. It was nice looking out and seeing people listen and pay attention when I played - it's always good to have people pay attention.
We realized it was getting late and knew we had to go since Mike had to be up early for work today. As we drove back, we passed the Budweiser plant and we could smell the beer being made - it's a unique smell - the cooking of grains which has sort of a warm scent to it. When I was up in Paso Robles last September at the Pour House which is located behind the Firestone Brewery I experienced a similar smell.
Today - it will probably be nap time this afternoon - and I won't be making the drive to Indiana. Then some rehearsal, some food too at some point - and just enjoying St. Louis - which isn't too hard right now.
Next show is at the Three Kings Public House on Delmar here in St. Louis
yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
mmmmmmm...BBQ....

No comments: