Saturday, February 18, 2012

Back in St. Louis

Yesterday evening I finally made it St. Louis - after the long drive on Thursday that began in Flagstaff and ended in Oklahoma City. On Friday morning I woke up and started out on I-44 eastward to here - St. Louis. It took me overall 52 hours from LA to St. Louis - not too bad but it could have been better [by the way, to drive straight through it's 28 hours. I did it with 3 drivers - although I did most of the driving - a long time ago]
I did take my time on Friday - I didn't feel the need the rush after I got into Missouri. I was also a little burnt out. So I stopped in Springfield, MO and rested - checked out the Guitar Center - and then headed on. It had been a while since I had done this part of the drive - although it is one I have done a lot over my life - both with my family and on my own - so I knew what to expect and just rolled along as the road went up and down over the hills and cliffs. I was very thankful when I saw I only had 100 miles to go.
As the sun was setting I made into town and to my cousin Mike's house. It had taken me the better part of the day but I was feeling all right. I also knew that we had to rehearse with Dan - the guitar player from Mike's band the Homewreckers who was going to be playing bass with me again here in St. Louis. After some food at a corner spot by Dan's place we set up in his basement and got down to work. It went pretty smoothly and was happy with it all. Then Mike and I went back and I crashed out for some good sleep.
Today it's been pretty mellow - breakfast - book store shopping - and now at Foam coffee shop where I played a while back. I'm looking forward to the show tonight - at The Heavy Anchor - meeting some new people and hopefully seeing some family.
I'll add some photos at the bottom
Yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
Flagstaff, AZ
Photobucket
Flagstaff, AZ - by the railroad station
Photobucket
The San Francisco Peaks - covered by clouds
Photobucket
Amarillo, TX - The Big Texan - you should Google it for more info - it's a pretty cool, unique spot
Photobucket
Somewhere in Missouri along I-44 between Springfield and St. Louis - it says World's Largest Gift Store

No comments: