Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday - on the road to Dallas

Last night I finally was able to get some good sleep - after missing out on a lot Saturday night. I found a cheap motel in Texarkana - which is right on the border of Texas and Arkansas - and crashed out on the bed - watching the Oscar's. It felt so good to rest.
Right now I'm on the outskirts of Dallas working from another Starbucks. I have some time before I have to head into the city and find the place where I'm playing tonight - The Opening Bell Coffee shop. I have a good idea of where it is and will probably head out in a bit. The drive was easy and I'm glad about that. Tomorrow though I have a fairly big drive a head of me - something like 14 hours or so - to Tucson. From there it's 8 hours back to Southern California.
Earlier today I loaded photos to Photobucket and realized I have a bunch to post - so I'll get to it.
Photobucket
From the Civil Life Brewery in St. Louis - good stuff
Photobucket
Johnny d'Artnenay (on bass) with Kenny Vaughn (on guitar) at the 12th South Tap Room in Nashville. If you're ever in Nashville on a Monday night, go check them out.
Photobucket
From East Nashville
Photobucket
Tommy Womack and band at Grimey's in Nashville
Photobucket
The Gibson Factory in Memphis - I only went into the store but it was very cool
Photobucket
Quinby and Johnny Hawthorne in the Wine and Nut Room - 1910 for Folk Alliance in the Marriott in Memphis
Photobucket
Beale Street
Photobucket
David Olney and Dan Seymour
Photobucket
Charlie Faye - with her co-hosts in the Wine and Nut Room. Will Sexton, Andre Moran, and Noelle Hampton. They had the room that was the most fun - and a good supply of Lone Star beer and Tito's Vodka too
Photobucket
Ribs from Interstate BBQ - they were good - really good!
Photobucket
the Black Lillies - who were awesome
Photobucket
The Elephant Revival
Photobucket
From Graceland - what can be said about that?
Photobucket
The platinum tour ticket
Photobucket
The front room of the house
Photobucket
The "jungle" room
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The hall of records
Photobucket
from the racquetball room
Photobucket
Photobucket
The front of the house
Photobucket
and Lauren and I in front of the house
Photobucket
A blurry photo of Steve Poltz - he played a couple songs with such a fun and intense energy - folding chairs were flying - it might have been the highlight.
Photobucket
Almost the end of the night - The Carper Family and the Atomic Duo - The Atomic Family
Photobucket
Outside of Sun Studios - and right before I left Memphis
Photobucket
Thanks for looking,
Yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: