Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Travelin' day tomorrow

Tomorrow I'll be heading out on the road. Heading east for St. Louis. First I'll be stopping in Flagstaff to rest and then continue on. I'll feel ready for a road trip and I can't wait to be out there with the trucks and travelers crossing this country of ours.
This coming Saturday I'll be playing a show in St. Louis at a place called The Heavy Anchor - it looks like a cool place and I believe my sometimes music partner Lauren will be coming up from Nashville. I really like that city and wish I had a few more days to hang out there, but from there I'll be going to Nashville for another few days.
There are times when I miss living in Nashville - it's an interesting place but I am glad to be back on the west coast - back home. Still I enjoy going to visit and see the friends that I made while living there, and hang out a a few of the bars that I use to hang out in. And I always stop by Grimey's - which is an amazing record store - truly one of the best out there.
From Nashville I head to Memphis to take part in the Folk Alliance conference. This is my first time going and I'm not all that sure what to expect. I just know that there's a lot of music that happens and several of my friends are going - from Los Angeles, Austin, and Nashville. I also have four showcases over the four day conference so we'll see what happens and where it takes me. I am looking forward to this.
On the way back I booked a show in Dallas - a songwriter in the round series at the Opening Bell coffee shop. Last year we played in Dallas and it went pretty well so I'm hoping this one does too. In fact I need to send out some flyers for that. Then I head home - and catch up on sleep for a day before I'm due back at work.
So like the last couple big trips I'll be writing everyday - unless I have completely no time and/or no internet connection. So after all the planning - it's just about time.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: