Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday in Memphis

It's Friday here in Memphis and I've made it through two nights of the Folk Alliance conference. It's been fun so far. I've seen and heard lots of music - it has taken over the whole hotel. There are people playing everywhere - and it's pretty cool.
We've played three times already and the shows have gone well. The people that have been there have been interested in what Lauren and I are doing and I'm glad about that. It would be nice to get some bookings out of this gathering - but it's been great meeting up with old friends - from Nashville, Austin, and LA, and elsewhere too.
Tonight we have the night off and I'm looking forward to going around and seeing several people play - including David Olney who I really like and who I've shared a few shows with in LA. There are a few other people that are playing that I'd like to see too - but I have to check my program guide and work out the times. Hopefully I can get into a jam session at some point too.
I do have some photos and I do plan on uploading them soon and sharing them - so stay tuned.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: