Thursday, March 17, 2011

the Annual Feast - Day 14 (just took a recount and I'm actually on day 13)

I can't believe that I've reached day 14 already - well sometimes it seems like a lot longer than that and other times it seems like just yesterday that I left from Southern California.
Today has been a pretty mellow day here in Austin so far. The weather is warm - a little muggy - but overall nice.
In the morning Lauren and I met up with her godparents, who we had stayed with last May when we were visiting. The meeting place was Matt's El Rancho on South Lamar St. It's right next to Maria's Taco Express and it's place that Lauren and her family used to go to when they lived here when she was younger. 3 Years ago we accidentally pulled into the driveway and she recognized after not being there for many years - she knew it was familiar. So we came back the next day and feasted on Mexican food, which I had been craving at that point since that was when I was living in Nashville and that town lacked good Mexican food. So we began a tradition of going to El Rancho whenever we're in town for SXSW. Usually it's on Saturday but the godparents could only squeeze us in today early.
The early part was a little difficult since we were up late after our set at the Waterloo Ice House. The manager was a really nice and cool guy and we talked to him for a while and he kept giving us souvenirs to take with us. We had played a good set and we talked about the future and the possibilities until late. But I was ready when my alarm went off and got up to face the new day.
For this evening we're heading downtown - Lauren to the AMA show, me to go meet up with my friend Mikaela who just moved to Austin from Nashville, and Jim ot another show. I'm ready for another good night on the town.

photos from yesterday that for some reason didn't get sent from my phone:
Photobucket
Syd Straw at the Conqueroo Party
Photobucket
Michael Des Barres rocking the same party
Photobucket
Randy Weeks, with Jess Klein, and Will Sexton at the Waterloo Ice House

yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: