Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cave Creek - Day 2

It's almost 7 pm over here - the sun has gone down and my sets out here in Cave Creek are done. The last time I was out here at Janey's for a New Year's Eve show with my friend Eddie Elliot, who's been a great friend and a fellow singer/songwriter/ traveler, it was 27 degrees and we were basically playing outside - today was much warmer - no overcoat needed. Cave Creek is a little town north of Phoenix - about 45 minutes or so. A lot of weekend warrior bikers come out here, and then there's a little artist community too - so it has a unique feel to it.
The drive out here to Arizona was easy and uneventful - which is a good thing - a little bit of traffic on the way out of town. I was happy to cross the Arizona border and see the gas prices drop to 3.55 and then later even lower.
Photobucket
the view through Palm Desert
I met up with Eddie at the place that he works at and where he plays a couple nights a week - Kitchen 56 which is at 56th St. and Indian School. The kitchen was still open and I ordered the burger which ended up being a double, double thing - way too much burger. So I took off the extra patty and left it - there was no way I was going to finish it all. Overall it was good - cooked well - medium - nice and pink inside. So if you're looking for a good double burger at a great price, kitchen 56 is your place.
Tomorrow I'll be over at the Sail Inn in Tempe and hopefully get to see my cousin Lisa at some point. Anyway - I think I'm done here.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: