Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ready for Austin and SXSW (still in Denver Though) - Day 9

Okay - so it just turned 12 o'clock here in Denver and I know I've technically missed writing for today - but I'm going to do it any way.
Last night my cousin Chris and I played at KJ's Coffee Bar which is right around the corner from his house on Franklin and 24th - we've played there a couple times before. It's small place but has a good neighborhood feel to it - and I was thankful a good group of neighbors showed up. I caught it on video and it's funny to watch because of all the little kids running around the place and going in and out of the front door.
Chris played bass - which was a very unique ukelele bass - small and compact but with the full sound of a bass - and his friend Grant came and sat in with us for the second set on mandolin. It was a good time - and I do look forward to playing there again - most likely next month on April 16th.
Tonight we played at a bar called the Rockaway Tavern, which is close to downtown and has a very punk rock feel to it. The jukebox has a whole ton of hardcore punk, plus some old school country, and some interesting mixed CDs - punk, post-punk, Steve Earle - some Toby Keith too (for those of you interested in Toby Keith), some Willie and Johnny Cash - over all an interesting mix. Grant came and played with us again and the set went pretty well - the people that were there seemed to like what we did and I was happy with that.
We hung out for a while with some people that had showed up to hear us- and then realized that it was later than we thought do to the time change.
And now - I need to get ready for bed so I can make the long haul to Austin tomorrow. I set my alarm for 6:30am. I'll be ready.
Yours Truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: