Friday, March 25, 2011

snow in St. Louis - day 21

This morning as my cousin Mike went off to work, I got up and looked out the window and saw the ground all around covered in snow. I was told earlier by my family that St. Louis went through the same weather change that Nashville went through - it was warm and spring like, and then a storm cam through and the temperatures dropped.
As I drove up the roads yesterday I could see the grey skies - growing darker as the evening came on. I also noticed how the temperature stayed around the 40 degree mark and was wondering if snow would be coming our way. Still, I was a little surprised with I saw everything covered in white. A lot of it has melted away, but it remains chilly out there.

Last night I went out with Mike over to an open mic - it was this bar called Fred's Six Feet Under which is in a basement below a restaurant called the Iron Barley - which is a BBQ/grill place that smelled amazing. We had a bit of some lamb stew which was pretty damn good - the meat just sort of melted in your mouth. We're thinking of going back there tonight - or O'Connell's which has one of my favorite burgers - we'll see. But the open mic was decent - I really liked the room - small, low ceiling, decent sound, but a good feel and great owner/bartender. I am looking forward to going back.
Later tonight we're rehearsing for the show. Mike is going to play drums, his buddy is going to play bass, and I'm on guitar and voice. It's been a while since I've played with a full band so it should be fun. There's also a slight possibility that Lauren might show up, but she wasn't sure about it.
Here are some photos:
Photobucket
A mellow Nashville evening - the evening before the storm
Photobucket
Tommy Womack at the Family Wash in East Nashville
Photobucket
This afternoon on my cousin's porch - the remnants of last night's snow fall

yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: