Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Weather - for now... Day 25

After that crazy weather over the weekend in St. Louis, it felt good to get back to the clearer, warmer weather down here in Nashville - although there is supposedly a storm moving in. Right now and last night, it feels like spring here. We got the grill going last night and I made burgers - a little more rare than I would have liked but it had been a while since I cooked out in the dark. Looking forward to another shot at it.
Tonight we get to play at one of my favorite places - at The Basement. It's located beneath Grimey's Record store which is an amazing record store. It's not a big place but they have the best packed into the area there - CD's, DVD's, vinyl - just so much good stuff. The Basement also isn't big, but they get a good crowd in there and some of the best names of rock and indie rock, Americana and singer/songwriter - so I'm very glad to be playing there tonight.
I like coming back to town. It's a slower pace than Los Angeles or a big city and it does feel good to slow down - although I do have to sort of flick a mental switch in my head. I don't think I realized that for a while - and that caused a problem when I lived here for that year - I couldn't get the big city out of my head to really enjoy it. But now I enjoy returning and relaxing and seeing all my friends here.
This Thursday we'll be on the WDVX Blue Plate Special out of Knoxville, TN. Here's the link:
http://www.wdvx.com/webcast.html
The show starts at 12pm Eastern Standard Time - so listen in if you can.

yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: