Friday, March 11, 2011

Flagstaff - Day 7

Starting my day up here in Flagstaff at the Downtown Diner - it's a good place for a cheap breakfast - full of locals - and not too bad. There's still patches of snow on the ground and the San Francisco Peaks in the background still have a good amount covered. Once again I'm up here because I played last night at the Flagstaff Brewing Co., which is one of my favorite bars. It's right across the street from the old train station - and so it's a great place to watch the trains go by. I really do enjoy it up here - the air is clean and clear - there's a small town feel to it, but it also has a wordly feel to it because of all the people passing through town due to the Grand Canyon being only an hour away.
The show last night went well - played from 10pm to 1am. Lots of blues for this gig and not too much original stuff - it's what happens sometimes for bar gigs when people aren't fully listening. I slip into the blues mode. I met some new people - one guy was from England and traveling around the southwest for two weeks. Another guy was from California and in town because he did a lecture at the university NAU. FBC has always been a good bar to meet people in.
Today I head to Denver - through Gallup and Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Colorado Springs. Tomorrow I get to take part in a St. Patrick's Day parade with my cousin Chris.
Here's some photos from the last couple days - and sorry for missing another day - Wednesday was busier than I thought it would be.
Photobucket
David Serby and Ed Tree at the Cinema Bar on Tuesday
Photobucket
Janey's Coffeehouse and Bodega where I played on Sunday afternoon
Photobucket
The lobby bar at the Hotel Congress in Tucson
Photobucket
The view down into Camp Verde on my way to Flagstaff

All right - it's time to get moving

yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: