Sunday, March 20, 2011

Up early - preparing for the drive - Day 16

Sunday morning - and we're up early after a late night. I'm feeling pretty good, although still I don't really want to spend the whole in the car traveling. Tonight we're due in Nashville where Lauren lives - and where I did for a year.
Our time here in Austin was pretty cool. We had four gigs total - and now that they're done I can say that I also didn't break any strings during our sets - which might be a first. We were well taken care of at all those places and we feel like we have taken a step up from last year - so we can say that this SXSW was successful - and I guess look forward to next year.
In Nashville this week I don't have anything planned so I can catch up on writing when I didn't have time to early this week. But for now here are some photos:

Photobucket
Mike Stinson at B.D. Riley's on the Ides Of March

Photobucket
Amilia K. Spicer also at B.D. Riley's

Photobucket
Tim Easton at the Sin City Social Club show at Maria's Taco Express - whose guitar we heard was stolen from a club later that evening

Photobucket
Shurman - with John Popper joining in at Maria's Tacos

Photobucket
Hayes Carll starting off his set alone at the Lost Highway/BMI showcase

Photobucket
Lucinda Williams closing the show - I think she was the highlight for me this trip

Photobucket
Sam's Town Point - just beyond the county-line - our escape from the madness for a few hours

All right. Think it's about time to get everything in the car - then some coffee down the road and we'll be good.
So long Austin,
Yours Truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: