Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chilly St. Louis - Day 20

It's amazing at how fast the weather has changed. It happened in Nashville yesterday - there was rain and tornado warnings - then it got chilly. The last couple days we had been sleeping with the windows open and the fan on - but not last night.
This morning I packed up my things and said my goodbyes, and got ready for the drive. It's an easy drive that I've done many times before and after a cup of coffee from Bongo Java in East Nashville I was ready. I cruised along, making sure to keep within 10 mph of the speed limit so I wouldn't get pulled over (it worked) and crossed from Tennessee to Kentucky into Illinois, and lastly, over the Mississippi River into Missouri.
Along the way I saw purple blossoms in the trees which stood out since most of the trees all around were still bare. I crossed several rivers: The Kentucky, the Tennessee, the Ohio, the Cumberland and all were high due to the rain fall from the day before. I know it probably makes lots of people weary from all the flooding that happened last year - and I can see why. I saw all the water last year in Nashville - water where there shouldn't have been water - houses and businesses destroyed - a very surreal sight to see. Luckily, nothing like that this time.
Last night the pizza came out good and it looks like I'll be making some here in St. Louis at the request of my aunt - and I'm more than happy to oblige.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: