Saturday, April 23, 2011

Down in the Valley - Day 50

I'm onto the last weekend of this tour. I can't believe that the end is so near - although it seems like I was just here in Scottsdale. But at the same time I can hardly believe that I was in Texas last week - that seems long, long ago - so I don't know how to make sense if it all. I've been looking over the photos that I loaded into my iPhoto and I've been enjoying seeing all the different back drops and people and this and that. I guess I'll have to start thinking about what to make of it all - and what conclusions - if any - to draw.
Well it has been a good trip, and I am looking forward to getting back to the West Coast. I was just listening to Joni Mitchell's song California - and I was having a similar feeling. Right now I'm not sure what I'm going to be headed back to. My sister's house where I have been staying at since I moved back from Nashville is being sold - all my stuff has already been packed up and stored away at my parent's house - so it looks like I'm headed there for now. But I'm feeling the need to relocate again. California is just so expensive - so we'll see.
Right now I have shows booked for early June here in Arizona, and then Austin - I would like to add St. Louis and Nashville to the list - and I need to make that decision. And then what city or town works best. I like Austin a lot - and then there's also Tucson which has a great feel to it (and a Trader Joe's where I could work and pick up where I left off). There's definitely more stuff musically happening for me in the middle of the country - and Austin seems to make the most sense - but I don't know
Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and I'll be playing out at Janey's Coffeehouse and Bodega in the afternoon, then Monday night at The Sail Inn in Tempe - that's a late one 11:30pm or so. Then home on Tuesday.

yours truly,
Jeremiah


Joni

No comments: