Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunny Day - Day 51

Today was an early morning - of course it is Easter Sunday and Eddie and his wife Stephanie, at whose house I'm staying at, have two young kids - Jack and Ian - and so they were up early getting their Easter baskets and candy. I knew what to expect and did my best to get to bed early last night. I had planned to go out and see some music, but decided to just head back and get some rest, after hanging out with some family in the evening.
Today I was supposed to play out on Cave Creek - which is north of Phoenix about 45 minutes and a cool little town in the hills - but I heard earlier this week from Eddie who does shows out there on Thursday, that the owners were wanting to close early on Easter Sunday. So it seemed to be up in the air although they were still willing to pay me. Then yesterday it was confirmed that they would close, but there was a possibility of me doing an earlier set instead. Today I drove out there and by 11am there were ready to be done and get out of there. Several other groups of people were there and we all just enjoyed the mellow morning as the owners closed up shop.
So now I have the afternoon off and am wondering what to do. I'll probably just meet up with Eddie at some point to do something. Thankfully it's a wonderful day out here - sunny, but not too hot - a nice breeze - and it feels good to be outside.
Tomorrow night (Monday) I'll be doing a late night set over at the Sail Inn in Tempe. It's a good place just west of downtown - a supportive staff and I like playing there. Then on Wednesday I'll be back at the ol' Cinema Bar in Culver City - 7 and a half weeks and 11,000 miles later.
Today I'll just enjoy the rest of the day and my afternoon off.

yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: