Monday, April 18, 2011

Radio and goodbye's... - Day 45

This evening, things are quiet. The kids have gone to bed, as have my cousin and his wife, and now it's me and the dog, Bella down stairs. There's a cold drizzle outside, a dog barking in the distance, and soon I'll getting ready for sleep too. But before that I need to write about the events of the day.
It started early since Lauren had to be up and on the clock working (as she has been doing on the road) at 8am Nashville time. Also the kids all get up around that time - and there's just the typical morning rush in the house.
We were set to play up in Fort Collins on the KRFC Live @ Lunch show. I've played it a couple times before, and so has Lauren, and it's an hour long show that showcases live in the studio artists. Just like the radio show in Knoxville, they like you to be there at least an hour early so you can get everything set up for the live on-the-air show - and in this case and in many cases now days - streamed over the web.
The drive up which is about 65 miles was the fastest I've done yet - usually I hit traffic along the way - but we made it up there quick. We picked up some coffee and then to the studio to set up. We met the host - a nice guy named Phillip and the sound guy - who did sound for me last time I was there in August, Dennis. Last night we got our set list together and so I took it out and we looked it over and we were ready when the clock hit 12.
The show went smoothly and I felt good about it. I think it was definitely the best one out of the three so far. I think it helped that I had gotten rest over the previous days - not like the first time when I pretty much drove straight to the studio from Nashville when I was moving back to LA - I was pretty beat that time. This one though we played our songs, and talked to the host and before I knew it the time was up.
I packed up the car again, picked up a copy of the show on CD, and went out to lunch. Even though I've had a lot of burgers over the past several days, I decided to get another one - and it was good - definitely one of the better ones I've had on this trip so far. From there we stopped by the New Belgium Brewery right down the road, but it was closed on Mondays, so we settled for Odell's Brewery right around the corner. Lauren did some work there, since we had some time to kill before we had to go to the airport so she could catch her plane home to Nashville.
Her plane was to leave at 7pm, so by 4:30 we figured it was time. The ride down was again smooth, and soon we were at the airport. Since she didn't want to check any bags, there was a lot of cramming stuff into any space possible and I had to sit and push down on the bigger one to make sure it closed. And then it was time to say goodbye - after a month of running around the south, Texas, and Colorado. Plans are being sorted out for June, to get me back to Nashville, play some shows around the area - and then I'm not sure - haven't decided just yet what to do after that - we'll see.
Well thanks to Lauren for her support on the road - sharing the car and the stage - and being a good friend - I look forward to doing it again.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: