Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lazy Day - Day 46

Today was a day to relax. Even though I woke up early and felt I had to get some booking work done, I still was feeling pretty lazy - and I was all right with that. Denver has been a good place to relax. It feels familiar - I know my way around the streets close to my cousin's house, the people around town are friendly, the sun shines bright and the air is dry - all things that I enjoy.
Last night I went out and walked to a coffee house close by - St. Mark's. I was feeling the need to walk - and it was chilly out but it still felt good. I had my coat on and an umbrella since it was supposed to rain at some point. I listened to the radio broadcast from earlier in the day and I was pleased with what I heard - we sounded together and like we had been playing together for a while - which we have. So I'm looking forward to getting together again and playing some more shows where ever.
This morning the house emptied out early and I spent some time alone - getting some cereal, and then later went back and walked over to St. Mark's for some more tea. I was thinking about the show that my cousin and I booked for later in the evening (and where I am writing this now). It was a place that my cousin had found in the neighborhood, just east of downtown. I was going to head out and make my way to Grand Junction, but I decided to stay and play.
Coffee at the Point is the name of the place and it's in the 5 Points area of Denver. I got there early and could see that it was going to be a coffee house gig, with not too many people listening - most of the people were doing work on their computers and so I sort of knew what to expect. Chris showed up with his kids and we set up and got ready to play. His wife Catherine showed up with baby Jude - but Jude quickly went into melt down mode and so they weren't there for too long. We went through one set and had some people from the neighborhood show up - and overall it went well. We played a muted set - not wanting to be too loud, but there was something cool about toning it down - Chris thought so too.
Now I'm about to head back to the house and get ready for the drive to Las Vegas in the morning. I'm playing at a place called the Freakin' Frog which is on the south side of town by the airport. It's going to be about an 11 hour drive - but I feel ready for it. So if anyone knows anyone in Vegas, send em' out to the Freakin' Frog. I'll start playing around 9pm or so.
Then Thursday I head down to Tucson, Friday up to Phoenix, Saturday - maybe Tucson again, Sunday - Cave Creek, Monday - Tempe at the Sail Inn, then Tuesday maybe start the drive back to the West Coast - and Wednesday back at the ol' Cinema Bar with Holly Long.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: