Friday, April 8, 2011

Ready For The Weekend - day 35

After a few days of rest and relaxation in Nashville, I'm ready to get back to work this weekend - sort of the reverse of how weekends typically work innit? This weekend of shows and music starts up here in St. Louis - where I just pulled into. Tonight I get to open the night out at a place called the Ten Mile House where my cousin Mike's band is the headliner.
Then tomorrow is another show here in town at Pop's Blue Moon where we played last May. It's a small and cozy little bar in The Hill part of town - which is the Italian part of town. It has a very similar feel to The Cinema Bar back in LA which is my home stage. There's the opaque glass window in the front, the limited table seating, the old bar feel to it - also how you have to run your own sound, and get the bands yourself to fill out the night.
The drive up went smoothly - along the way more trees were blossoming and it was nice to see the leaves appearing on the branches too. The was a good wind that was blowing and I could feel as I drove on. I made a stop at Steak and Shake for lunch which is one of my favorite places in the midwest. Before I started making regular trips to the midwest and the south, where Steak and Shakes are located, I would remember and crave the burgers, fries, and shakes from my youth and previous trips over the years.
Well - it's about time go get ready - get settled in for the next couple nights here.
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: