Friday, April 1, 2011

Louisville - Day 28

Yesterday evening it felt so good to get off the road after the 7 and a half hours in the car which started at 7am. Still we had another late night show to play at the Hideaway Saloon here in town. We landed at my friend Dan Harrigan's place just outside of town around 7pm or so - did a bit of resting, and then headed off to dinner and the gig.
It was a pretty cool little place - hidden away up a short alley - a decent stage and friendly people in the bar. We were going to be playing after a band called BEHM. I was a little worried when then didn't start until 10:30 - I knew we were in for another late night. But the band was pretty good - a trio - sort of bluesy/jammy rock, and they were done by about 12:30. So we set our stuff up and got too it and played from about 12:45 until just after 1:30am.
By the end I was almost dead - just enough energy to get us back to the house. We made some money - maybe 2 tanks of gas which I was happy about - and we were asked to come back at some point - which I hope we do. We also found out that it's a bar that stays open till 4am - so we could've played for another 2 hours.
We have the night off which I'm thankful for and hopefully I can sleep in tomorrow. We're headed to Cincinnati for a show tomorrow night at the Southgate House - which actually is in Newport, Kentucky which is right across the river from Cincinnati.
Will post some photos soon -
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: