Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunny California - Day 54

Yesterday afternoon, I made it back to Southern California. I pulled up to my parent's house around 4 or so and was glad to be there, and off the road for a while. I drove in from Phoenix where I had been for the past couple days - playing a couple shows and enjoying the nice weather. Last night though I was watching the Weather Channel and thought of all my Nashville friends who were about to get hit by some powerful storms crossing that part of the country - it seems like they've been getting one storm after another. Hopefully nothing floods this year.
Monday I played the Sail Inn - the last road show of the tour - and it went all right. Not too many people, but the ones that were there listened and were paying attention - which is sometimes better than a room full of people and no one listening. The booking guy, Ray, is a really nice guy and has been supportive and willing to take booking risk - that's how I got in there. I'm going to be heading back in June to play the first Monday on the month - and this week I'm going to start getting things together and send out press releases to the different papers where I'm playing shows. Yes - I'm heading back out on the road in June. Shows are being booked and right now it's Arizona: Tucson, Flagstaff, Phoenix, then onto Austin.
Last night my friend Lori, who I know from high school, sent me a text to say that I was nominated for an Emmy for the music that I wrote for her and her husband's documentary, Prison Through Tomorrow's Eyes. It's a project that they have been working on for a long time - and I'm very happy to have been a part of it. They are only two of us nominated - so I have a 50/50 chance - which is pretty good I'd say. The awards are on June 18th down in Carlsbad - so I definitely have to be around for that. Not sure how I'm going to exactly do that, since I will be in Austin a few days before, and then need to be back in Nashville a few days after that. I guess there's always planes - but it is possible to drive it all - we'll see.
Tonight is the last show of the Spring Tour 2011 - back at the ol Cinema Bar - where it basically began in early March. Then in May I'll be on the back porch of the Grand Ol' Echo on the 8th, and later that evening at the Cinema Bar again. Trying to get some other things - and I'll let you know.
Yours Truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
Crossing back in California
Photobucket
Palm Desert

No comments: