Friday, June 3, 2011

Arizona Days - Day 2

Last night I pulled into Flagstaff right before the sun went down. It felt good to be back up in the mountains - but was a little worried as I drove in because there was a fire south west of town and the smoke was blowing across the road and drifted north. It looked pretty bad, but I heard that it should be all contained today. The smoke and the evening sun gave everything an orangish hue and it made me remember the fires in California - a similar scene.
I eventually made my way to the Flagstaff Brewing Company which is one of my favorite bars - a great local hang right across Route 66 from the train station. It was a little chilly out, so I opted out of playing outside on the patio and set up in a spot in the front window where I've played the last couple times. The playing went well and I had a good crowd that hung out and bought CD's.
One of the great things that I enjoy about being in Flagstaff is that you're able to see the stars - so as I was loading out to my car I stopped and checked out the sky - that was lit up and sparkled. You don't see too many stars in the sky in Los Angeles so I'm always happy where ever I am to see the stars spread out.
Tonight I'll be playing in Phoenix at the North 51 Grill - then tomorrow down to Tucson to play at the Nimbus Brewery. The weather isn't too hot just yet, so I'm glad about that.
yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
The California Desert
Photobucket
gear at FBC
Photobucket
Downtown Flagstaff

No comments: