Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On the Road to Texas - Day 6

El Paso, Tx. - that's where I am right now. So close to the border of Mexico and the wild and crazy town of Jaurez. I'm just here for a rest stop - then I'll carry on to Austin. I have about 10 more hours to go - and the road, the 10, is pretty desolate from here to there. I've made the drive a couple times and it's not something I look forward to - I do look forward to getting to Austin since that it's a great town and I really enjoy being there.
It's hot here now - about 96 and dry - the wind is blowing and the dust is drifting across the sky - coming from right across the Rio Grande over here into Texas. I made it here through the Arizona desert, and again through Tucson - and to the south there's a big fire - so smoke was blowing all across the valleys. There's been a haze almost the whole way - the dry dusty desert. I'll be playing a show here next week at the Percolator downtown which is a cool coffeehouse/art space that host shows several nights of the week - so next Wednesday I'll be back here.
Last night's show wasn't one of my best. I had a hard time finding my groove - and my timing was thrown off several times during my 45 minute set. But I made it through and relaxed afterwards with my friends that had made it out to the gig. I know the next show will be better - which is in Austin on Wednesday - first at the Round Rock Farmer's Market from 4 to 8 with my friend Mikaela Dewar - and then later that evening at B.D. Riley's down on 6th Street. I'm looking forward to being down with the drive - so with that in mind I should start heading down the road.

yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: