Monday, June 6, 2011

In the desert... still - Day 5

This afternoon I'm resting back up in Scottsdale. It's warm out, as the summer's typically are here - but not horrible right now - like 96 or 98 - soon though it will be 105, 110, 115. I stay away then. It's just too uncomfortable.
Tucson was nice - I really like it down there - it has character and soul - which the Phoenix area doesn't really have. So I enjoyed driving around, seeing the different parts of town. Last night I met up with Eddie at a friend's house where he was going to be playing. It was an awesome setting as the sun started going down, and things got cooler. The mountains were in the distance and I enjoyed sitting out on the patio.
After hanging out there for a while, I went back downtown, back to the Hotel Congress to meet up with my friend Tricia. She used to live up in the Phoenix area and now is happier down in Tucson. We sat out on the patio, where I sat the first day when I got into Tucson, and we caught up. Later on I drove back out to the house where I was staying with Eddie in this pop-up camper/trailer outside the house where he played.
We woke up as the sun started rising and the day was heating up and being inside the trailer got too warm. In the shade on the patio it was nice and I sat out there with a cup of coffee enjoying the desert landscape. Eddie took off not much longer after that and I stuck around town to see a friend - and then stopped for lunch. I saw a hot dog stand on the corner - and pulled over and got one. It was interesting - beans, tomatoes, onions, I think salsa, and mayo I think on top. It was served with a bacon wrapped grilled pepper. Overall it was pretty good - and filled my hunger fix.
I'm looking forward to a nap this afternoon, then The Sail Inn tonight at 9pm, then sleep, then wake and start the drive to Austin. I'm ready for BBQ - well I'm almost always ready for BBQ.
yours truly,
Jeremiah
Photobucket
the patio in Tucson
Photobucket
the hot dog with everything and the bacon wrapped pepper

No comments: