Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chicago Busy Day - Day 23 and 24

I do apologize for not writing yesterday. It was a long one - that was both relaxing and busy - at different points of course - but the day was pretty much filled from beginning to end - and Chicago, and the surrounding areas, is a great place to hang out.
Yesterday we started with brunch - and when I say we, I mean my friend Arthi and I - Arthi let me stay at her house out in the suburbs for this trip - we used to work together back in LA - then she moved back to Chicago. It was a good eggy breakfast, good pancakes, and good coffee. I was still pretty exhausted from the day before - but got going by the afternoon. We watched my friend's documentary, Air Guitar Nation, which is about the first air guitar championships and how they go to the world championships in Oulu, Finland - it's a great entertaining movie and I highly recommend it.
From there we caught the train into the city and met up with Arthi's boyfriend, Tyler, and the restaurant he works at - Big Star - a Mexican restaurant in the Whicker Park area - I think. We hung out there for a bit and then went over to meet up with some of Tyler's family which I had been invited to also. It was at The Burger Bar in Lincoln Park which I was looking forward to - since I'm always on the lookout for a great burger. It was a good gathering of people and a good meal - not a great burger, but a good one.
It was nice out - a little chilly - I was glad I had brought a jacket with me - and our night in the city ended with the three of us hanging out on the patio of this corner bar. When we got back to the house we ended up watching the end of the movie, then some Flight of the Conchords - and then I passed out from exhaustion.
This morning I'm feeling well rested. I think I got the best night of sleep so far on this tour - I'm glad there was a quiet room for me here in the house.
I need to get my stuff into the car and get moving down the road to Cincinnati where I'll be playing from about 9:30 to 1:30 - The Southgate House in Newport, KY which is right across the river from Cincinnati.
I'll post photos soon,
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: