Friday, June 24, 2011

Chicago - Day 22

It's been another long day and I don't think I'll get much written now. It's after 2am and I've been up since about 8am - and really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. But I knew what had to be done and forced myself up and got ready to hit the road north to Chicago. I picked up some coffee at Bongo Java and got on the highway out of Nashville.
I made it in about 8 hours and had stopped along the way just north of Indianapolis. I had a gig at The Horseshoe and was looking forward to playing. The night went well - my friend Arthi and her boyfriend made it out - and then I got a call from my friend Dafni who said that she and her husband Pete were in town - so i gave them the address and the eventually made it over to the gig. It was a nice surprise.
Tonight I'm out in a spare room of Arthi's house - I think close to Aurora. Tomorrow I have the day off and looking forward to seeing some of the town since the last times I've been up here it's been a quick turnaround. I'm also looking forward to sleeping in.
So that's all for now,
good night,
yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: