Monday, June 27, 2011

More Southern Days - Day 26

I made it out of the house again today and I'm down at the 12th Taproom in the 12th South part of town. It's a hip beer and wine bar and has some great food. The burger here is something that I highly recommend - also the caesar salad.
They also have music on certain nights - this being one of them and my friend Johnny is playing bass tonight. Johnny played with Lauren and I when I lived here in town. He's a very nice guy, laid back and easy to work with - and I also worked with him at Trader Joe's. Johnny was also the bass player on Lauren's record. I miss playing with him. I always try to make it to gigs when I can.
Earlier tonight I made dinner which didn't come out like I had wanted it to. Fish that had been frozen and it just didn't work right - and the Brussels sprouts and mushroom mix was a little too cooked - but at least the mashed potatoes came out nicely.
So one more full day in Nashville and then I hit the road for St. Louis.
Yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: