Monday, June 20, 2011

Down the Road - Day 19

Amarillo, Texas - that's where I'm writing from today. This is my usual stop I make as I drive across the country on Interstate 40. It's sort of the middle point for the drive from LA to Nashville - and a good stopping point for the drive from Austin to Denver. It's windy out today and not too hot thankfully so.
The train ride to Albuquerque was fine. I brought enough warm things with me to stay comfortable - last time I was not prepared. I watched the sunset beyond the high desert and just relaxed as we crossed into Arizona. I was able to sleep and by the time we reached Albuquerque I felt fairly well rested. The temperature had dropped at least 10 degrees since Thursday when I got on the train and there it was breezy and dry and it was nice. After some food at a cafe on Route 66, I got ready for the drive.
I know this road almost like the back of my hand from driving it SOoo much over the years - starting with right before my 6th birthday when the family moved from California to a town in Illinois close the St. Louis area. So it's sort of been a part of my life for a long time. I'm hoping that soon I can set up a show here.
Anyway - that's all for now - I need to get back on the road.
Yours truly,
Jeremiah

No comments: